SIMULATE, EXPERIMENT, AND ADVANCE THE DEPLOYMENT OF AGENT-BASED BOTTOM-UP ENERGY MARKETS
Grid Singularity and Engie invite you to help in the challenge of integrating an inclusive market design utilizing Grid Singularity’s D3A energy exchange platform.
Find out below what you can do and how you can participate in Odyssey Momentum, November 13-15, 2020.
An invitation to get involved
Grid Operator Partners
WHY WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOUR HELP
Regulators are drafting new opportunities that will enable prosumers to actively participate in the market. This transformation creates very large technical, regulatory and business challenges for all stakeholders in the market: energy companies, DSOs, TSOs, final consumers and regulators.
In this track, all stakeholders come to the table to experiment and immediately validate new ideas and solutions.
WHAT WE ARE BUILDING
The Energy Singularity Challenge has two streams:
Stream 1 explores the technical deployment of peer-to-peer energy markets, building on the learnings from Grid Singularity’s Chaos Experiment in July 2020.
– Canary Test Network – Grid Singularity’s energy exchange with live energy asset data will be launched and tested!
– Grid Fee Experiments – Three teams will compete with intelligent trading strategies to improve the performance of managed energy communities such as the cost of energy or self-sufficiency, reacting to different grid fee models designed by our grid operator partners.
– Energy Community Optimisation Challenge – Teams will optimize the energy use of a simulated community with full foresight of energy supply and demand.
– Challenge Questions – A set of questions will be released to teams to answer and present, e.g. to describe the design and implementation of their trading agents.
Stream 2 challenges teams to create user apps to engage individual pro/sumers to optimise and rethink their relationship with energy. Teams will iterate on ideas with ongoing feedback from Grid Singularity and partners, as well as Jedi, and other Odyssey Momentum participants.
For more information on Grid Singularity and the future of the energy market, check out our articles on Medium.
FLORENCE SCHOOL OF REGULATION
By applying for Momentum, you can take part in these activities:
Getting ready phase
Connect and prepare with everyone ahead of Odyssey Momentum (online):
- Touching Base Session on
- Getting Ready event on October 29th
- Challenge meetup
November 13-15, 2020
49 hours of online mass collaboration
Co-create new solutions to this challenge with five teams and hundreds of experts:
- Share your story and experience
- Ask questions and provide feedback
- Choose your favorite solution and become part of the pilot project after Momentum
Starting the pilot
The best solution is turned into a pilot project with everyone involved.
Be the first to test and help improve the solutions.